Severe Weather Damage Scenarios
Severe storms can be frightening and dangerous, and safety has to be your first priority. If your neighborhood has seen a lot of damage, play it safe. If you suspect structural damage or more flooding, stay out until a professional says it’s safe. Stay with a friend or find other shelter until you’re sure.
Get through the storm, and then examine the aftermath. Read on for more.
Storm Damage Insurance
Coverage amounts vary based on your neighborhood, the specifics of your policy, the amount of damage and additional factors.
Document the damage, keep all receipts and call your insurer and a storm damage restoration contractor.
Storm Damage Scenarios
- Winter Storm Damage: This can cause collapsed roofs, break trees and electric systems, and more.
- Hail Storm Aftermath: Major hail storms can cause shingle and siding damage, causing hidden leaks and compounding damage.
- Flood Damage: Water from floods can get into your building’s foundation, ruin structures and possessions inside, lead to mold proliferation and cause other problems.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, destroy glass, wreak havoc on trees and electric systems and cause other problems.
- Tornado and Tropical Storm Damage: Circular winds can completely destroy, such as catastrophic damage to roofs, windows, siding and landscaping.
Find an Experienced Damage and Remediation Professional
If your business or home has storm damage, act now. Choose a professional team that is insured, credentialed and licensed, and that knows your area. Get in touch today to learn more.