Smoke Damage Cleanup & Smoke Odor Removal Services – Akron, OH
When there is a fire at your home or business there can be devastating effects to your property and emotional health. Once the fire department puts out the flames there is often lots of damage left behind not only by the flames but also by the smoke and soot.
All of this smoke damage will need to be removed in order to restore your property to its pre-fire condition. At Paul Davis Akron our team of experienced and highly trained technicians will help you through the entire process to get your property looking as good as new.
Fire Damage Cleanup
Our IICRC certified technicians will not only restore the parts of your property affected by the flames, but also to everything affected by soot and smoke. The odor caused by smoke can linger in your property forever if not properly taken care of, and soot can cause structural damage to areas that were not even touched by the fire.
It is important to start the restoration process as soon as possible so that you can limit any further damage and get back into your home or business as soon as possible. At Paul Davis Akron we understand this and offer 24/7 emergency services so that we can start our assessment and restoration in the quickest possible manner.
Our certified technicians will work with you and the insurance company to provide an accurate assessment of the damage and restoration outlook. After the assessment we will begin cleaning and restoration. This process will include:
- The removal of all salvageable contents for cleaning and storage
- Restoration of the structure and anything else affected by smoke, soot, flames, or water
- Removal of the smoke and odor residue from all surfaces in your home
- Clear communication between Paul Davis, you, and the insurance company
Smoke Damage Restoration
To begin the smoke cleaning process we will bring all of your personal possessions, household goods, and other contents to our secure cleaning and storage facility. At our facility, your items will be inventoried, cleaned, and repackaged before being safely stored for the remainder of the restoration process.
Smoke Smell Removal
Smoke odor is one of the most pervasive aspects of a structure fire and it is imperative to make that this odor is removed from all surfaces and materials in your property. Paul Davis will use environmentally friendly methods to remove soot and smoke odor from everything and replace things that may hold onto the odor such as insulation.
We’re With You Every Step Of The Way
We will take care of smoke damage and odor removal, structural demolition and restoration, cleaning and storage of your belongings, and anything else needed to return your property to its pre-fire state.
How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, many people are unaware of the other detrimental elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can be damaging to both to your home and your family.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand any damages to your precious possessions can be disheartening. That’s why as fire restoration specialists, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Your building can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Small-scale fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system to stop spreading smoke.
- To push out smokey air, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Smoke Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. The technicians from Paul Davis a variety of fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your building recently undergone fire damage? Reach out to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our smoke repair services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out to the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.