Smoke Damage Restoration Services in Akron, Ohio
A fire at your home or business can have devastating effects on your property and emotional health. Once the fire department puts out the flames, there is often lots of damage left behind — not only by the fire but also by the smoke and soot.
All of this smoke damage will need to be removed in order to restore your property to its pre-fire condition. At Paul Davis Akron, our team of experienced and highly trained technicians will help you through the entire fire damage restoration process to get your property looking as good as new.
At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration and fire damage repair services. Contact us immediately. We can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your building.
Fire Damage Cleanup
Our IICRC-certified technicians will restore the parts of your property affected by the flames, soot and smoke. The odor caused by smoke can linger if not properly taken care of, and soot particles can cause structural damage to areas that were not even touched by the fire.
It is important to start the fire damage restoration process as soon as possible to limit any further damage and get back into your home or business. At Paul Davis Akron, we understand this and offer 24/7 emergency services to start our assessment and restoration as quickly as possible.
Our certified technicians will work with you and the insurance company to provide an accurate assessment of the fire damage and restoration outlook. Afterward, we will begin cleaning and restoration. This process will include:
- The removal of all salvageable contents for cleaning and storage
- Restoration of the structure and anything else affected by smoke, soot, flames, or water
- Removal of the smoke and odor residue from all surfaces in your home
- Clear communication between Paul Davis, you, and the insurance company
Smoke Damage Restoration
To begin the smoke cleaning process, we will bring all of your personal possessions, household goods, and other contents to our secure cleaning and storage facility. Your items will be inventoried, cleaned, and repackaged before being safely stored for the remainder of the restoration process.
Smoke Odor Removal
Smoke odor is one of the most pervasive aspects of a structure fire. It is imperative to remove smoke smells from all surfaces and porous materials on your property. Paul Davis uses industry-leading methods like thermal fogging to remove soot, neutralize smoke odors, and replace things that may hold onto the odor, such as insulation. We avoid using ozone treatment and ozone generators that remove smoke odors but can be hazardous to your health.
How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, many people are unaware of the other detrimental elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while soot residue can seriously stain painted walls that weren’t burned by flames. A house fire can be damaging to both your home and your family.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand any damage to your precious possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our fire restoration specialists are here to help you restore your damaged possessions.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Your building can receive serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Small-scale fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration, smoke and soot damage, and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke will seep into the walls, carpets, and upholstered and wood furniture. Here are a few quick smoke damage cleanup tips:
- Shut off your HVAC system to stop spreading smoke.
- To push out smokey air, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Clean hard surfaces using rubber gloves.
- Use a dry sponge to wash walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray mixed with warm water.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash in cold water or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Smoke Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. The technicians from Paul Davis provide a variety of fire damage restoration services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt fire and smoke damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial-grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water from fire hoses and extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
We’re With You Every Step Of The Way
Has your building recently undergone fire damage? At Paul Davis, we specialize in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. Our smoke repair services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later.
Reach out to the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup specialists from restoration industry leaders Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.
- Can smoke damage be fixed?
- Smoke damage can be fixed with the help of a smoke damage restoration company. While storebought trisodium phosphate products and homemade vinegar solutions can be effective, this hazardous work is best left to professionals.
- What can be salvaged after smoke damage?
- Sturdy materials made of glass, metal, or hardwood are salvageable after smoke damage. Food, plastics, and cloth materials usually need to be thrown away.
- Is it safe to stay in a house with smoke damage?
- It’s not safe to stay in a house with smoke damage. Chemicals released from smoke can cause skin irritation, breathing problems, nausea and more. Staying in a house with smoke damage can lead to long-term health problems.