Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the kind of mold that is found in your house or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores travel through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is virtually impossible for you to prevent mold infiltrating your home. You should take action when mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on who will tell you the type of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert that can develop the optimal way to treat it and perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services along with basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your home as well as major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, does negatively affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through any surface it’s found in, meaning the longer it remains without treatment in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your house and effectively manage treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in people who suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microorganisms.
With the variety of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist with helping make your residence free and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows indoors and outdoors. It can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It spreads in porous, damp locations such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is a less common household mold. It needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. Acremonium is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It carries a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey over time. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold areas and moves quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in colder weather, this mold is coral or pink colored and is commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know you have mold in your house call the experts with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate insidious mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.