Black Mold Remediation in Akron, OH
Paul Davis technicians have significant experience in skillfully repairing water damage and searching for black mold growth. When water damage affects your property, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to hire another professional.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We answer swiftly, no matter what time it is, so the damage doesn’t escalate while you wait.
- Certified, trained technicians have the know-how to safely and expertly accomplish water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Our one-stop service includes building drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial actions.
- Advanced equipment and technology senses the source and quarantines the location, halting its growth.
What is Black Mold?
Every homeowner fears black mold. It is a toxin-producing fungus that creeps in unseen, and then takes over. Fungus is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the condition it needs to take root and multiply. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indefinitely, until they encounter dark, moist areas to stay in. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be lethal, affecting the health of both people and pets. It belongs to a species of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as risky.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never delay calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go unseen for weeks, and then appear essentially overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your living space, it immediately breeds and releases toxins that make life miserable for occupants:
- Mold emits a pungent, musty scent that prevents rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold causes serious problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and constant cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the greater the danger.
Unusually damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion right away.
If you want to eradicate mold, the environment where it prospers must first be removed. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any remaining moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can drench out-of-sight portions of your home. Without proper cleanup processes, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
What We Do
- We scrutinize the area and evaluate visible and unseen damage caused by water and mold, and what action should be taken to prevent further damage.
- We quarantine the mold so that it can’t transmit to larger areas.
- We use sophisticated air filtration procedures to eradicate spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any materials that have been infested with it, and then we administer antimicrobial substances to dispose of the remaining mold.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes erasing that awful, musty odor.
- We return the property to its original state using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
No removal procedure can guarantee that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unwelcoming to mold as possible.
Call Paul Davis of Akron right away. Whether it’s your home or business that has been compromised, our prompt, detailed, skillfully trained technicians will handle the consequences of your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to get things back to normal.